Friday, September 10, 2010

NBB's RTB WMDs

With 1 week to go, let me introduce NBB's RTB Weapons of Mass Destruction!


Ryan Carrara
aka Poliwrath
Favorite stinky smell: Hydrogen Sulfide
Color I hate most: Vermilion - U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi. You are not red, you are not orange, you have no idea what you are! I hate your lack of direction as much as your appearance! (227,66,52) Seriously? You call that a color code! I hate you Vermilion with all my heart!
Someplace I'd like to travel to: Pompeii, I think I could do a lot of good there
Best running achievement: 1996 Greek Relay Champions - anchor leg


Tom Szumita
aka Uncle Fire
Favorite stinky smell: Wet Kittens
Color I hate most: Whatever color the Jets are wearing this Sunday
Someplace I'd like to travel to: Hampton Beach (OK, been there but want to go again)
Best running achievement: Not being booted from the 2010 NBB RTB team by Carrara


Justin Lutz
aka The Long Pole
Favorite stinky smell: Bud Mud
Color I hate most: I love all colors equally
Someplace I'd like to travel to: New Bedford, Massachusetts
Best running achievement: 74th place in the 2001 UMass Dartmouth Invitational






Justin Maloney
aka luvs2eatkittystu
Favorite stinky smell: Sweaty running clothes stuffed in an airtight plastic bag and left in a dark place for two weeks, then opened in my face.
Color I hate most: Burnt Sienna
Someplace I'd like to travel to: A repeat visit to first-place-at-reach-the-beach land
Best running achievement: Successfully hitting the interior of a heckler's car with three consecutive snowballs, tying my PR of pooping in the woods three times on a single run. I'm all about the threes.


Jeffrey Caron
aka J-Cizzle
Favorite stinky smell: Powerbar scented farts with a hint of coffee
Color I hate most: Rust Orange
Someplace I'd like to travel to: Kenyan training camp
Best running achievement: Falling 3 times in a cross country race and still setting a PR. Having a 40m lead with 200m to go at the conference championships and then losing by 40m in the same race. Successfully creating a 2 mile beer relay around my house.
 


Avery Bouchard
aka Bouchi Mane
Favorite stinky smell: rotting leaves (probably mixed with a small animal carcass or two)
Color I hate most: No colors really bother me, since I am, in fact, color blind.
Someplace I'd like to travel to: I'd like to someday make my way to the top. Never been there. I hear it's nice.

Best running achievement: My fondest running memory, quite coincidentally, has to do with a deer (which was not yet a carcass). I was run over by said deer while doing a workout in the woods of the Community College of Rhode Island. It came out of nowhere and put it's head down, full force into my thigh while I was on my 9th (and last) 3:00 repeat - about 1:30 in. I did finish that repeat, but did no extras.


Yvonne Green
aka Mrs. Gui Lo
Favorite stinky smell: Any blue cheese
Color I hate most: Yellow, it's too cheery
Someplace I'd like to travel to: Hell, because only sinners have fun
Best running achievement: Surviving RTBs since 2005 without any GI issues. That's right, I've got a colon of steel.

 

Lara Johnson
aka
Favorite stinky smell:
Color I hate most:
Someplace I'd like to travel to:
Best running achievement:

Nicole Mauro
aka
Favorite stinky smell:
Color I hate most:
Someplace I'd like to travel to:
Best running achievement:

Sasha Varanka
aka
Favorite stinky smell:
Color I hate most:
Someplace I'd like to travel to:
Best running achievement:


Megan Proulx
aka
Favorite stinky smell:
Color I hate most:
Someplace I'd like to travel to:
Best running achievement:


Amber Gibney
aka Ambchops
Favorite stinky smell: I LOVE the smell of skunk. Seriously. I know it's gross and I am ashamed.
Color I hate most: Mauve, gross.
Someplace I'd like to travel to: Egypt, Greece, the Moon
Best running achievement: 1. My last collegiate race. It was the conference championship in Virginia, it was about 95 degrees out and no shade. I ran a PR to qualify for the 800m final and I set another PR in the finals and ended up placing second overall. I did this all on a severe stress fracture in my tibia and as I crossed the finish line I threw up all over the place, including on my boyfriend. We're talking violent, projectile vomiting in front of a lot of people on a hot hot day. It was awesome. 2. Recently ran a mountain race, Race to the Top of VT. 4.3ish miles up, relatively nice weather, decided to put a sweet fake tattoo of a wolf on my bicep to intimidate everyone. I ended up doing horribly, and I even got OWNED by a 68 year old woman. Talk about humbling.



Our team dropouts:

Mark Larosa
aka Mucus
Favorite stinky smell: vinegar soaked koosh ball
Color I hate most: Hello Kitty pink

Someplace I'd like to travel to: a Wendy's in northern California

Best running achievement: diving handoff in college in a relay which resulted in a 3 man collision, but our team made it out alive (although didn’t win)
What's his story: During my 2 days off a year, I decided to take a quick relaxing trip to a remote little key off the coast of Australia, where a chopper dropped me into a wave breaking 11 miles off the coast. After successfully surfing the wave and photographing the entire thing myself, I quickly hopped back on the board and started paddling in when I was attacked by a ferocious great white shark and a sea lion at the same time. Luckily I was able to quickly best the sea lion, filet him, and whip up a nice sushi platter to hold off the shark while I get free, but not before dropping my camera in the water and rendering it destroyed, and contracting a nasty case of swimmers crotch from some unruly actions by the sea lion.

Wait, I mean I hurt my back picking up my kids and can’t run for several months due to some surgery nuisance.

Chris Lowe
What's his story: (Injured)


Christine O'Donnell
What's her story: I am a competitive person, and didn't want to be out-done by anyone on our team who might have gone so far as to have surgery to avoid RTB. So, I got myself a bad back too involving a likely Spondylolisthesis on top of a scoliosis and a leg length discrepancy, all causing a disc/nerve problem. (At least this explains my ugly running stride). Or maybe I'm just trying to use all my PT jargon to throw off Hello Kitty?!?!

I wasn't sure if the back problem would be quite enough to get me out of running this year, so I decided I should pick up some GI problems. This quickly got me off the team, as no one wants to be in a van with me! I would have definitely violated the "no going in the woods rule" and been kicked out of the race anyways.
I am really good at running easy, infrequent, and in circles around my neighborhood (never can be too far from a bathroom)! So, if there is a run/walk relay race around Charlestown or a pool running competition -- Hello Kitty better watch out!


Liz Turner
What's her story: (Anemic and immune system malfunction)

Laura Kennedy
What's her story: (The never ending injury)





Meggie Sullivan
aka The Columbian
Favorite stinky smell: Irony
Color I hate most: The black in "little black dresses". Why not "burnt sienna dresses"?
Someplace I'd like to travel to: A finish line that requires a passport.
Best running achievement: When I first learned to walk.




No comments:

Post a Comment